What Is DocTrace?
DocTrace is the new age platform for your records. Giving you access and ensuring higher levels of reliability to issue, create, edit, and share documents. Built on the Blockchain network, it promises higher availability and adaptability on top of economizing the cost and time.
The Benefits of DocTrace
How it works?
Sign up and easily provide your documents
- Use our website as a platform for signing up or just simply click on the invitation link provided by our satisfied users.
- Provide a meta tag at the backend to confirm your organizational domain.
- Sign a general agreement and wait for the verification from the admin (not more than 48 hours). If the details are not verified, take it from the top.
- Allocate a public or private key (a password) from the Certification Authority and a confirmation for the same will be sent on your registered email id. You are now a part of the blockchain.
Signup and receive documents safely
- The signup procedure for the Receiver begins when they receive a document from the Provider. The catch is that the link is locked for privacy standards
- Click on the link, you’ll be directed to the sign up page. If you are already a part of our blockchain, you can sign in with your credentials otherwise you can create a new account. However if you just want to access this one document, you can sign in as a guest user.
- Provide a public/private key from the Certification Authority and receive confirmation in your registered email id. You are now ready to view/edit the Logs.
DocTrace helps the government to protect data and streamline processes. It reduces waste, abuse and fraud. Also, it increases accountability and trust. Blockchain-based government models are able to share Logs of distributed ledger and secure them using cryptography. It eliminates the single point of failure and protects the government data as well as citizens’ data.
DocTrace application helps the healthcare department to keep all the records saved in the blockchain-based platform. DocTrace secures and verifies any healthcare Logs. With the use of blockchain-based platforms, healthcare stakeholders have lots of advantages for securing the medical history of patients.
DocTrace application saves a huge amount of money and effort for stakeholders since all the data stored in DocTrace application are impenetrable to hacking and cyber-attack. It increases the public trust through the shared Logs and increases the credibility by engaging several stakeholders.
Questions? We are Ready!
Frequently asked question
DocTrace helps businesses and institutions create, share, issue and trace FILE-LESS documents. It is powered by Blockchain, storing content inside unbreakable and immutable encrypted blocks organized as personal ledgers with no need for hard copies or even electronic files such as PDFs.
We call this patented technology FILE-LESS because it eliminates the risks associated with issuing traditional paper or electronic files such as PDFs which are susceptive to fraud, alterations, tampering and misdistributions.
Traditional documents are also difficult to organize and to find when you need them most, usually requiring investments in storage and document management platforms.
DocTrace offers the next revolution over electronic documents and Document Management Systems by eliminating the need to have them in the first place.
Why do you need paper or files to deliver one-way entitlements such as membership cards, event and transportation tickets, warranties, permits, grade sheets, certificates, awards, and hundreds of others?
Cyber fraud is at an all-time high. According to Government & National Associations, Interview with Industry Experts, Target Surveys and Industry Reports:
- 50,000 Fake PhD degrees are issued every year in USA
- 12% Ticket Holders are scammed for fake or illegal passes/tickets
- 44% HR Managers found discrepancies in education records
- 85% Fake recommendation letters in the USA
- 75% Managers caught a lie on a Resume
- $50,000 Average spent yearly by an organization to combat Resume fraud
- 500,000 Estimated individuals holding fake degrees
The list goes on and on…
Hard paper and electronic documents are equally vulnerable to fraud. Consider the possibilities:
- A single paid membership card can be copied to multiple nonpaying “customers”
- Education certificates, recommendation letters, and achievement awards can be fabricated using renowned institution names and logos
- An Inspection report with all signatures and seals can be duplicated with a new address other than the one that was inspected
- Permits can be duplicated and “given” to alternate individuals
- Recepts can be altered or forged
- Medical records can be misplaced, leaked, or lost, violating HIPPA.
Issuing documents as FILE-LESS data originating inside protected and encrypted blockchains eliminates the possibility of fraud for all these and hundreds of other use cases.
The documents are guaranteed to be authentic by definition, thus eliminating the need for notarization and authentication of hard copy or electronic files.
Electronic files might be more convenient than hard copies, but they also need to be stored, managed, and distributed. They can be intercepted and/or redistributed with altered content and are not guaranteed to be authentic.
Hyperledger Fabric allows for different organizations and participants in a DocTrace private blockchain network to utilize their own certificate authority, and as a byproduct, implement varying cryptographic algorithms for signing/verifying/identity attestation.
The Provider and Receiver will be authorized to use a security key for creating and accessing Logs. The transaction data is stored as a cipher text in between.
DocTrace has tightened the security layer and will not allow password resets and impersonations. DocTrace requires multiple layers of authentication and identification including a personal certificate, 2-factor authentication, and personal verification of the identity of providers.
Blockchain is a cutting-edge technology that enables the decentralized and secure storage and transfer of information.
With our multi-patented technology, Blockchain is used to issue FILE-LESS documents, that are called LOGs within the DocTrace platform. These LOGs may or may not contain attachments with images, QR-CODE and PDFs used only as a way to convey a visual representation of the data, but they are optional since what is considered the gold source and verifiable as a record is the actual data stored inside the blocks.
DocTrace works with two types of users: Providers and Receivers. Each one receives an empty, unique and personal ledger upon signup.
Providers issue LOGs that are appended to their ledger and cannot be deleted, updated, or altered in any way. It’s guaranteed to always be the originally issued one. If deletion of the update is needed, Providers must issue a new version of the LOG which is automatically attached to the previous one, marking the previous as obsolete and becoming the ONLY new and current version.
Receivers can accept, reject or request correction of LOGs received from Providers. If corrections are needed, Providers must issue a new version which is then re-sent to the Receivers until acceptance. Once accepted, the LOG is appended to the Receiver’s personal and unique ledger.
The ledgers work as a timeline of LOGs issued or received, like accounting transactions with their counterpart recorded and fully traceable.
DocTrace offers capabilities to search, tag, organize by categories, favorites, archiving to enrich how users interact with their ledgers.
By leveraging Blockchain, DocTrace ELIMINATES the need to have paper or electronic documents yet still allowing providers to grant privileges, accomplishments, entitlements, permits, tickets, grades, and hundreds of other use cases in a completely FILE-LESS, secure, immutable and traceable technology.
The Receiver, and only the Receiver, has the ability to share logs either to designated persons or as a publicly available log.
In both cases, the Receiver can remove persons from the shared list or disable the public shared link at any time.
This allows receivers to share their accomplishments to specific friends or openly in social media with a link that takes directly into the LOG details along with verification of authenticity and history for traceability.
This is a powerful capability from DocTrace to provide instant access to education records that might be required in a job application, financial records that might be required by lenders, and dozens of other use cases where shared data guaranteed to be authentic is required.
NO. It is not necessary for the Receiver to buy a subscription plan to access the Logs shared by the Provider.
However, Providers must be part of a subscription plan after the free trial period expires.
DocTrace offers various plans with different tiers for greater flexibility. Some plans have no monthly costs and Providers only pay a small fee per LOG issued. Some plans offer a low monthly fee and let Providers issue hundreds of LOGs per month.
Contact us with new business opportunities and speaker requests.
Let's Schedule a Demo